Tuesday, January 10, 2017

#7-Jan. 7th

There are those days you are so ready to just attack, live life, be in the moment.  Then one small thing can bring a tide of memories back-good and bad.  It helps you remember where you have been, what you have been through, and it can either make you sink into the past or use it to build a new future.  Today was one of those days for me.

I went to a baby shower for a wonderful woman from church with my daughter Kati.  While there one of the ladies in attendance brought out a gift for me.  Amy, who is a mutual friend of mine and the woman that bought my scrapbook store from me, had gotten this at the time the scrapbook store finally closed after the fire.  This one piece of plastic brought me to tears.  SO thankful that Amy had the thoughtfulness to know how much this basket would mean to me.  How it represented so many years of my life.

It reminded me of all the wonderful people I use to get to be with on a regular basis, the creativity that use to drive me, friends made, babies born, life's shared, late nights, lots of good food, and so much more.  Kati was even so happy she started to tell of the things she use to remember about M.O.M.S. of course for her it was that she use to fill the basket with all the "free stuff" she would get with her punch card.

This basket will now sit in my way underused craft room.  I plan to keep it filled with projects I am working on.  Once again, thank you Amy, truly a sweet gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment