Tuesday, January 17, 2017

#13-Jan. 13th

While driving back from a shoot I saw a box of what looked like trash or something that fell from a vehicle and was left behind.  The box had multiple items- books, clothes, kitchen items, etc. spread across the side of the street and into the overgrown brush on the roadside.  As we drove past, I saw an item I knew and had to return to retrieve it.

This Book of Mormon was frozen, pages spread open, ice crystals throughout.  To some this is just another book, to me it is filled with amazing stories that have helped me in different times of my life. It was sad to me to see it just tossed aside.  I spent time shooting it with my iPhone as that was all I had with me for the day.  I plan to take the book into the studio and try to capture some other images of it, but once thawed I don't know that it will be the same.  I took some time to pry some of the pages apart as the book slowly thawed on my office window.  That is where it still sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment