Thursday, January 1, 2015

#1-January 1st First Image of the New Year


So once again it is the beginning of a New Year, the time when people challenge themselves to start over, to change, to meet new goals.  Of course I have the most common-to get in better shape, lose weight. Blah, blah blah...my true goal this year is to spend more time doing things I love. Enjoying life with my loved ones. Doing things that make me a better person inside and out.

I also know its been just over a year since I graduated from school with my Bachelor's Degree.  While I am working in my field on a daily basis I know that there are aspects of my love of photography that I have let slide, and that is doing personal projects.  I know that is how I will grow in my craft and how I will keep my love for this art alive.  It is also why for the third time I will push myself to do a Photo Of The Day (POTD) blog.

This first image isn't one of any creative genius, as I am sure I will have a lot that aren't throughout the year, but it shows one of my new tools in the trade.  Santa must have thought I had been a good girl this year as he brought me this new pink Instax Mini camera.  It is an old school Polaroid type camera.  I loved the look on Cole's face as he watched it shoot out the blank piece of paper.  I told him it was his photo, but he had to watch for the magic to make it appear.  I plan to make a small collage of these images for a space in my office.  They make me smile.  Remind me of how it felt when I first started taking photos.  Loving preserving those little pieces of time for history...

No comments:

Post a Comment